The One

in a party of three
He, you, and me
we meet
in solemn prayers every midnight

in every prayer is union
three of us dissolve in one
like an equilateral triangle
one base supports the two
the two sides shape the one

in a party of three
He, you, and me
meet
in His unwavering light
we anchor our resting souls
you and me inhale His heavenly breeze

stormy black winter's around the corner
you and me spread our slim arms
to reach out
the signifier of a form of His love
for us  to be thanked for
as it tastes as good
for us three
He, you, and me

He-you-and-me
hyphenated as one
in three we find our form and substance
as we're meant to be
one


Bachrudin Musthafa
Columbus, Ohio, USA, November 1996

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kerajian Tangan Tas Sedotan

Main di Kebun Teh Puncak

"Karma Dalem Boncel"